ICAO Resolution A32-16 of 1998 makes it MANDATORY on Contracting States to ensure that Pilots, Air Traffic Controllers and Flight Crew involved in flight operations in airspace are fully “proficient” in the use of the English Language. By March 2011, ICAO has prescribed competency in levels in line with defined descriptors.
ICE-AVIATION has a highly experienced and competent staff to undertake TRAINING AND TESTING services up to ICAO Level 6 and in line with ICAO regulatory frameworks. Training focuses on:
- English Proficiency – from Beginners up to Intermediate Training
- ICAO 291 – Aviation English for AB-INITIO Pilots (for non-English Speakers)
- ICAO 291 – Aviation English for Professional Pilots and Air Traffic Controllers (for professional pilots and controllers)
- Refresher Courses for Pilots and Air Traffic Controllers (ATCs) including Radio Telephony Communications (R/T), Phraseology, simulated recordings and aviation situations
- TRAIN THE TRAINER PROGRAM for ATC Instructors and English Language Teachers/Instructors
- TESTER / RATER COURSE to allow testing and rating against ICAO English Language Proficiency Criteria
If YOU want YOUR organization, airport and personnel to offer TOP quality and compliance-based services to your clients, contact ICE-AVIATION for:
- Focused ICAO-aligned, high quality, world-class certifications
- A world-class training experience in a world-class facility
- Exposure to experienced instructors with industry-specific experience
- High quality service with a “hands-on” approach to instruction
- Computer-Based Training (CBT) , Online Support, intensive classrooms sessions to accommodate learning styles and speeds
- Smooth administrative support
- Professional and project management-based solutions
- Strong partnerships
- Customized Solutions
ICAO 291: AVIATION ENGLISH FOR AB-INITIO PILOTS
AIM: To improve the aviation English levels of trainee pilots from ICAO mid-level 3 to 4 and also prepare them for flight training. The course is designed for the highly motivated airline cadet pilot whose first language is not English, and who needs to improve his communicative skills, in accordance with ICAO language proficiency requirements, prior to starting flight training.
ICAO 291: AVIATION ENGLISH FOR PROFESSIONALS PILOTS AND AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLERS
AIM: To provide professional pilots and air traffic controllers the training required to achieve or maintain ICAO Level 4 aviation English language proficiency. There are two levels in the course – one for course members at or about ICAO Level 2 and the other for members at or about ICAO Level 3. The courses are designed to progress members up to one Level per course.
REFRESHER COURSES FOR PILOTS AND AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLERS, Personnel Licensing
AIM: Prepare delegates to meet the Level 4 requirements. Demonstrate the required English competency skills including R/T phraseology, communicative competence in line and Develop listening skills with authentic recordings and practise using the functional language and vocabulary required in both standard and non-standard aviation situations.
AVIATION ENGLISH: TRAIN THE TRAINER PROGRAM
AIM: Devise appropriate Teaching Methodology for preparing targeted candidates to undertake an ICAO Aviation English Language Proficiency Assessment. Teach selected ICAO-aligned Aviation English programs and Develop the required language development skills to be able to teach Aviation English.
AVIATION ENGLISH: TESTER / RATER COURSE
AIM: The aim of the course is to provide attendees with the fundamental skills and Knowledge to enable them to Test and Rate personnel against the ICAO Aviation English Language Proficiency Criteria and evaluate required language proficiencies.